About Rhonda Hughey
Rhonda Hughey – Founder & Director
Rhonda has been serving in revival & transformation ministry for 15 years igniting faith and serving as a catalyst for change. Rhonda has lived in the midst of revival and has experienced transformation in the nations. This personal experience has ignited a fire in Rhonda to call the Church in the Western World out of her spiritual captivity and into a revolution of intimacy with Jesus. Rhonda travels nationally and internationally, helping leaders prepare their communities for the habitation of God’s presence so His Kingdom will break in on the earth in revival and transformation!
Rhonda’s passion is to see people personally restored by the love and power of Jesus and for His glory to be reflected through His Church resulting in the evangelization of the lost and transformation within every sphere of the community. Her ministry journey has lead her through many different streams in the Body of Christ depositing in her a deep love for unity and diversity making her an effective voice for gathering the Church for God’s purposes in our cities.
Rhonda serves as the Director of Fusion Ministries, Inc. and is the author of “Desperate For His Presence” published by Bethany House Publishers and the co-author of “REVIVAL”. Fusion Ministries serves as a Transformation Center in the United States and Rhonda serves as a Senior Leader at the Int’l House of Prayer in Kansas City.
Ministry Mission & Vision
Fusion Ministries, Inc. is a ministry dedicated to the pursuit of God’s presence and glory becoming a tangible reality in both individual lives and entire communities. We serve as a catalyst to ignite fire for revival and hope for transformation of communities, cities and in the nations.
Fusion Ministries is called to be a trumpet for prayer, intimacy with Jesus, revival in the Church and transformation in our communities. Our passion is for people and cities to be restored by the love and power of Jesus, and for His glory and presence to be manifest in the fulfillment of the Great Commission. Therefore, we are calling the Body of Christ to a radical lifestyle change, from Americanized Christianity back to the culture of the Kingdom of God, and from spectators on the sidelines to full participants in life’s greatest adventure!
We as a ministry are responding to the desperate cry emerging in believers for tangible, life-changing encounter with God that result in real, sustainable change in their communities. We are witnesses to God’s manifest presence coming today to communities that have become places of habitation for His presence. And we rejoice in the testimony of Jesus as He responds to the cry of His people with dramatic displays of salvation, healing, and powerful restoration of lives and society.
The primary emphasis of the ministry is to provide inspiration, consultation, and teaching key principles from God’s word to encourage the citywide church to spiritually prepare for the habitation of God’s presence.
Fusion Ministries is called to serve as a “bridge” to connect three important realities of the Kingdom: the call to intimacy with Jesus, the vision of transforming revival, and the mandate to take this message of Jesus to the nations.
Our vision is to see the corporate Church of the city return to her “first love” (Rev 2:4) and walk in true spiritual identity, turning from her harlotry, compromise and consequential irrelevance. Only when the Church returns to her true spiritual identity and is restored to righteousness will she re-gain her spiritual authority. Only then can the Church once again become an agent of change on the earth, partnering with Jesus to see His Kingdom come and His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. The Lord Jesus is not returning for a powerless, prayerless, impotent Church! He has called us to purity, absolute devotion, and signs and wonders. The Church is destined to be a radiant Bride without spot, wrinkle or blemish, properly prepared for the perfect Son of God! (Eph 5:27)
We pray and labor for unity in the Church and the “fusion” of various Kingdom components (e.g., prayer, worship, fasting, unity, intimacy, etc.) and God-ordained ministry partnerships to fulfill God’s purposes in cities and nations. We long to realize what Paul promises in Ephesians 4:15, namely that we “will grow up into Him who is the Head, that is, Christ.” This can happen only when the Body of Christ is unified in relationship and function.
We believe that Jesus is worthy of our worship, our friendship, our time, treasures and talents. It is our objective that the presence of Jesus and intimate relationship with Him be the central pursuit of our lives on the earth, reflecting the eternal reality of our destiny to be His Bride throughout eternity.
It is our conviction that the spiritual barrenness of the Church in the Western world is not because we lack good church activities. Rather the Church’s spiritual barrenness is the inevitable consequence of our lack of spiritual intimacy with Jesus and our broken covenant with God that results in the lack of His manifest presence in our churches and His favor in our communities. Our highest objective, therefore, is to challenge and inspire individuals, the church and community leaders to pursue God’s presence as our greatest good and as essential to the healing, restoration and transformation of our cities and nation.
As a voice to the Church in the Western world, our heart is to communicate the message of 2 Chronicles 7:13-15. The message is: (1) the Western church is in serious spiritual captivity and we cannot deliver ourselves from our condition (v. 13); (2) God’s people must assume responsibility for the church’s condition by humbling ourselves, seeking God’s face and turning from our wicked ways (v. 14); and (3) God’s response will then be that His eyes and ears are made attentive to the “prayer made in this place” (v.15), resulting in an outpouring of forgiveness, revival and transformation.
- To call believers to return to their first love, Jesus Christ, and thereby to renewed intimacy, a passionate heart and a fiery spirit so that Jesus is experiential reality for them rather than simply a religious concept (Rev. 2:4)
- To challenge believers to come out of the captivity of the world system, to throw off a spirit of unbelief, complacency and relativism, and to change their mindset and paradigm from a Western worldview to a Biblical worldview. (Rom. 12:2)
- To encourage individuals to be reconnected in covenant relationship first with God, then with each other, and also with the broader community they are living in (Jer 29:7; Hos 6:1-3; Joel 2:13-19).
- To stir faith and vision in the hearts of believers to prepare them for mighty exploits, to consider God’s ways, and be obedient to His Word (Heb 11)
- To declare to those who don’t yet know Jesus and His goodness, mercy and forgiveness, that they may meet Him and begin their journey of faith and destiny as a child of God (Matt. 28:19-20)
For The Church
- To call the corporate church to realize her spiritual identity as the betrothed bride of Jesus and to partner with Him in working out the expression of His Kingdom in the city (Matt 16:18-19; Acts 19:1-20; 2 Cor 11:2; Rev 19:7-8; 22:17).
- To gather born again leaders from various segments of the community to build a dwelling place for the Lord in a tangible way that facilitates the expression and function of the priesthood of believers in both its vertical and horizontal dimension. (Eph. 2:19-22)
- To change the predominantly Western world-view that has infiltrated the church, including nationalism (versus the Kingdom of God), relativism (versus Biblical absolutes), materialistic values (versus spiritual reality), and a theology of resignation (versus a theology of spiritual revolution) (Matt. 5-7).
- To challenge current methodology and motivation of man-centered vision and agenda to Kingdom focused ministry – that Jesus and His presence become our highest objective and standard of measurement of success and effectiveness (Matt. 6:10)
- To model and contend for unity by working as a team both internally within our own ministry and with the people and ministries in the cities where we serve and submit to one another (Eph 4:3; 5:21).
- To restore vertical agreement between heaven and the earth through restored intimacy between Jesus and His Church so that ministry flows out of that relationship (John 15: 5-6)
- To release the corporate expression of the church with its’ unique convergence of people, callings, gifting and purposes so that the Kingdom may be expressed, that Jesus would be glorified and draw the lost unto Him (John 17)
For The City
- To help communities become attractive to the presence of God and His life-changing love and power (2 Chron.7:15)
- To enthrone Jesus in every community so that His Lordship and Kingdom manifest through His Church in every sphere of society, the marketplace, education, arts and entertainment, police department, city hall and local government, etc.(Acts 19:1-27).
- To build the House of the Lord in our community, that through a unified, praying Church, the nature of Jesus would be reflected and His glory would be revealed (John 17)
- To envision the corporate church to discover dwelling together in unity as a lifestyle rather than a special event so that the city can see and experience the reality of Jesus being manifest in His church. (Eph. 4:13)
- To establish night and day prayer and worship in the city so that the incense of the prayers of the saints rises to heaven and causes a protective canopy to cover the community, causing it to become a city of refuge for those who live there (Luke 18:7-8)
- To inspire the church to believe God for revival in the context of God’s end-time redemptive purposes and to cry out for revival as a catalyst to restore God’s presence and transformation as a goal of His habitation among His people (2 Chron 7:14-15; Isa 61:1-62:5; 66:1-2; Jer 33:3, 9; Ezk 43:1-5; Eph 3:16-21).
- To displace the usurper, the devil, and his kingdom of darkness from the community as the Kingdom of God is established by a strong, free, vibrant, unified and victorious Church (Acts 19:1-20).
- To complete the revolution Jesus started through the restoration and transformation of people, the Church and entire communities (Isa 35; Hab 2:14; 3:1-4; Hag 2:6-9; Rev 11:15)
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible is God’s revealed Word in its entirety, inerrantly inspired by the Holy Spirit, and authoritative for us who submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- We believe there is one God, the Creator and Sustainer of all life, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human. We believe in His virgin birth and sinless life; in His miracles; in His substitutionary death for our sins; in His bodily resurrection from the dead; and in His ascension and exaltation to the right hand of the Father where He reigns as Lord and God.
- We believe that all humankind are born in sin and that our only hope of salvation is through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life.
- We believe in water baptism as the believer’s public identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection and our co-union with Him.
- We believe that the Father’s promise for all believers is to baptize us in the Holy Spirit to empower us for witness and ministry through the operation of His gifts.
- We believe in progressive sanctification of the believer whereby we are being transformed into the likeness of Christ.
- We believe in the Lord’s Supper as a remembrance of Jesus’ suffering and death for our sins and as an expression of our shared life and communion with Him as our Savior and Lord.
- We believe in the personal return of Jesus Christ to bring history to its appropriate redemptive conclusion.
- We believe that the redeemed of the Lord will inherit new heavens and a new earth; and that the unredeemed will spend eternity separated from God in eternal punishment.